Arts 4 Autism Center
We are one Center with many voices and we encourage autistic youth to find theirs.
Arts 4 Autism Center was created with the belief that autistic teens regardless of ability, social, or economical status deserve the opportunity to experience all the magic that music and the arts have to offer. We stand tall at the forefront of society to remove barriers and increase high-quality and equal access to music programs for autistic children ages 13 to 18. By promoting and advocating for musical and theatrical programs, education, and Sensory Friendly Performances we are setting the stage for acceptance, understanding, and friendship.
Through personal commitment, collective talent, innovation, and unparalleled devotion we are dedicated to creating positive change by promoting and advocating for Sensory Friendly Performances music, and artistic interaction programs and nurturing autistic youth through the healing power of music and the arts.
Arts 4 Autism Center will advocate & promote musical theater programs and workshops for autistic youth where they can interact, grow, meet and make new friends, learn social skills, grow and have fun. They will be able to sing, dance, act in performances, work on props and costumes.
We will promote, advocate and sponsor workshops that will focus on music, drama, theater, and dance performances for autistic teens.
We will also promote & sponsor musical and theater performances. These Sensory-Friendly performances will be tailored for autistic youth.
Through music and theatrical activities we will offer a unique opportunity to integrate essential everyday skills like language development, movement, and communication.These programs will be designed to foster creative expression, perception development, self-expression, social engagement, and confidence in each child. The focus will be to utilize the beauty and sensitivity of musical and theatrical performances in a manner that engages autistic teens with a predictable , reliable, judgement-free, and socially accepting environment .
Our program's objective will be to develop musical and theatrical talents and abilities so that the student may eventually have the musical skills to apply to a Conservatory or music program. By providing a safe, comfortable, and accommodating atmosphere, autistic teenagers can flourish, thrive, and continue to push the boundaries of their potential.
Arts 4 Autism Center envisions a society where autistic teens are able to have full access to music and the arts in an environment where they will not be judged, their talents are valued, they are understood for who they are, appreciated and accepted.
- We believe that every autistic youth regardless of ability, social or economic status deserves the right to experience all the magic that music and the arts have to offer
- We believe that autistic youth have the opportunity to make a positive difference in this world
- We believe in the power of music and the arts to transform the lives of autistic adolescents
- We believe that autistic adolescents are defined by their own strengths , abilities, and inherent value, not by autism
- We believe in seeing the gifts of autistic children, not their limitations
- We believe that by promoting and advocating for music and artistic interaction programs and Sensory Friendly Performances, and by educating the community on the correlation between music and autism we are setting the stage for acceptance, understanding, and friendship
- We believe that music and the arts will fill a critical yet overlooked need
- We believe that through music and the arts we can offer a unique opportunity to integrate essential everyday skills like language development, movement, social skills, and communication
- We believe that by providing a safe, comfortable, and accommodating atmosphere, autistic adolescents can flourish, thrive and continue to push the boundaries of their potential
- Respect the worth, dignity, and uniqueness of each adolescent
- We partner with others to advance music interaction programs
- We strongly encourage and welcome families, professionals, and autistic adolescents with the opportunity to participate in our governance, on our committees, and as volunteer staff members
It is our hope to be a catalyst for a more welcoming and inclusive world to autistic children through music and the arts. Please join us in our quest to provide equal assess to music and the arts for autistic teenagers.
Please contact us with any questions you may have. We can be reached at 877-229-1455 or by email at [email protected]